Explore some tips from our experienced ceiling painters
Ceiling painting in your Dublin home is as important as painting the other parts of the home but is often overlooked when it comes to interior painting. After many years, the ceiling will become discoloured and will look dull and worn out. Certain factors may contribute to its deteriorated appearance such as leaking pipes, overflowing bathtubs or sinks, smoke from cigars, cigarettes or fireplaces.
If you plan to paint a room in Dun Laoghaire take not to include ceiling painting to avoid ruining a perfectly done job. Fixing your ceiling with just plain old paint might not be enough especially if it has already discoloured. Depending on how badly it has yellowed, you might need to use a stain-blocking primer before painting. White shellac is the go-to option for this. You can use a brush or a roller in applying this or opt for a spray can.
Book your FREE consultation with our qualified painting surveyor
All of our work is guaranteed and we are fully insured
Call 01 912 0650 to schedule your FREE painting estimate
Why choose The Dublin Painting Pros for your ceiling painting
- Operating for over three decades in the industry
- Exceptional reputation
- Very reasonably priced
- Industry-leading guarantees
- Dependable and punctual
- Quick, obligation-free quotes free of charge
- Local experienced experts
- Health and safety are key
- Large crews available for commercial projects
- Detailed preparation and thorough clean up
Learn more about two recently completed projects
Full exterior repainting
Our team was tasked with stripping old, chipped paint, prepping and repainting this 4 bedroom home for the Healy family in Clontarf.
Two of our teams completed a large renovation project involving plastering, wallpapering, painting and some small electrical work.
What some of our clients are saying about us
How do I paint a badly-yellowed ceiling
The commonly suggested steps for painting a badly discoloured ceiling, especially when caused by cigar or cigarette smoke, are, first to apply a single coat of shellac then second, proceed with normally painting using standard latex paint.
- Sanding with a very fine grade of sandpaper before ceiling painting will ensure a smooth combination of the paint to the ceiling. This step will create a sufficient level of roughness for the paint to bond properly. Then, you can use a damp cloth to simply remove any dust from this procedure.
- One of the usual errors of painting beginners in Dun Laoghaire involves having lap marks. It is even more noticeable with thicker paints and can result in some areas having darker or lighter shades.
- To achieve that flawless coat of paint, it is best to break the area down in about 4-5 ft squares and work in these divided areas. This will help you quickly move from one area to the next. Remember to paint the adjoining area right away before the paint dries up.
- One more tip for maximum coverage is to re-roll the paint at a right angle straight in the same square area afterwards.
- There are many variants of ceiling paint for your home in Dublin, and you should choose the ones that will not splatter. They usually dry slowly compared to regular wall paint and comes in a matte finish.
Contact us for your 100% free quote
Risk-free. No Commitments. We’ll be eager to hear about your painting project. And we’d be glad to contact you in your home or office to provide your free quote, at your best preferred time.
Or allow us to contact you
Don’t worry, your privacy is 100% safe with us. Your personal info will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
You can relax knowing we offer a 5-year insurance-backed!
Your satisfaction is our primary concern. If there is anything you are not pleased with concerning our ceiling painting services then we’ll return promptly and repaint free of charge!
On top of that, our written, insurance-backed workmanship guarantees of up to 5 years. This makes us stand out from our competitors, as we are the only one offering this.
We have attained membership of these strict organisations
Call us to get your free quote…
Call us from 8AM to 8PM, 7 days a week.
…Or we can call you
How do I paint the ceiling of my home in Dublin?
You can try and experiment with other colours for your ceiling painting endeavour aside from white. You can opt for a dramatic effect on a room, create an illusion and make low ceilings seem higher or high ceilings seem lower, adjusting the effect to a larger or a smaller, more intimate room as preferred. If you plan to do the ceiling painting in your Dublin home yourself, be wise and do not believe everything the salesperson says in the store. Instead, follow some of our tips:
- Although it would be great to shell out some extra money for the highest quality paint, you do not need to buy those expensive brushes or poles. The important piece of equipment you need to invest in, however, is the roller as it can contribute to the overall quality and make a difference.
- Ceiling painting experts always prefer the lambswool roller cover. This version will help you in getting the thickest layer of paint onto your ceiling fast in a short amount of time. They may cost more but they can last for much longer especially when properly handled. They are also long-wearing and easier to clean.
- If you see some texture on your ceiling, it can be a bit of a challenge. Painting directly to the textured surface may cause the paint to fall out because water loosens it. However, if it has already been painted before, you can proceed with repainting it.
The best solution for proper painting in this situation is to spray the paint on. This, however, will need the expertise of professional painters.
The Dublin Painting Pros. provide professional ceiling painting services in Dublin. Contact them for your free quote on your ceiling painting needs.
Schedule premium ceiling painting services in Dublin and the surrounding area!
If you’re trying to find the leading interior house painters and decorators in Dublin, you’re at the right place. The Dublin Painting Pros. are here to provide you premium ceiling painting services and ensure your ceiling remains impeccable for as long as possible. However, we’re also here for you if you need additional services, such as:
- Detail-oriented dining room painting service in Dublin
- Expert kitchen painting services across Dublin and the area
- Top-notch wallpapering services in Dublin
Plus, we provide fully free colour consultation services to help you choose your tones. If you’d inquire about our prices and find more information on our services, visit our website and take a closer look, or consult our customer service representatives. We provide transparent and comprehensive information on all we do.
If you live in Dublin and the surrounding areas, you can rely on the Dublin Painting Pros. to render an exceptional house painting service. It makes little difference to us if you live in Clontarf or in Ranelagh. We will dispatch a house painting crew consisting of experienced professionals to listen to your needs and give your home a makeover. Contact us today!