Points to consider before starting your living room painting project
The living room can be considered as the heart of our home. Why? All your guests and family members gather in this place for various events and occasions. This room is where you meet your guests and welcome them to your humble home. Warm greetings and memorable family bonding moments take place here.
Because of this, it is best to keep your living room in its best state all the time and regularly book premium living room painting services in Dublin. However, you can do it alone too. Are you thinking of doing some makeovers for this receiving area of your home? Then take the first step by painting the space. Before you can even start painting your living room, you will have to think thoroughly as It can be a challenging task.
Reach out to us to receive a 100% free quote
Risk-free. No Commitments. We’ll be eager to know the work that needs to be done. And we’d be glad to contact you in your home or office to provide your free quote, at your best preferred time.
Or allow us to reach out to you instead
Don’t worry, your privacy is 100% safe with us. Your personal info will be handled with utmost security.
Book your FREE consultation with our qualified painting surveyor
All of our work is guaranteed and we are fully insured
Call 01 912 0650 to schedule your FREE painting estimate
Why go with the Dublin Painting Pros for your living room painting?
- Operating for over three decades in the industry
- Exceptional reputation
- Very reasonably priced
- Industry-leading guarantees
- Dependable and punctual
- Quick, obligation-free quotes free of charge
- Local experienced experts
- Health and safety are key
- Large crews available for commercial projects
- Detailed preparation and thorough clean up
Learn more about two recently completed projects
Full exterior repainting
Our team was tasked with stripping old, chipped paint, prepping and repainting this 4 bedroom home for the Healy family in Clontarf.
Two of our teams completed a large renovation project involving plastering, wallpapering, painting and some small electrical work.
What some of our clients are saying about us
What should the process of living room painting be?
Because living room painting can be such a daunting task, we have collated some helpful tips on how to go about the project:
- Deciding on the best paint colour: There are a multitude of shades and colours to choose from when it comes to painting your living room. Consider selecting the colour that complements your personality.
Do you prefer a plain color or do you want to introduce some fun elements such as using stripes, edging and other decorations? This task can be difficult so take your time and think thoroughly on the color you want so that you will not regret your choice in the end.
Assess the lighting as well, as it can be a huge factor. Test different shades from the lighter tones to darker ones before finally deciding for the final colour for your living room painting.
- Prepping the walls: After you have decided on the colour and paint to use, prepping the walls is the next step. This includes the cleaning process of the walls. To achieve smooth and clear walls, remove your wallpapers or any other sticky materials used on the wall.
Ensure to scrape off any flaking paint to achieve a completely clean look. If you find any holes, make sure to cover them. Don’t forget to clear up dirt, dust and any greasy spots as well.
- You will need to tape the trim, including the door frames and windows as well. This step is often neglected because of the time and effort it requires. When doing this step, ensure you are using blue painter tape.
Take note of the moment you’ll need to detach it from the wall. It should be done right after you are done painting, just before the wall completely dries up. This is to ensure the tape doesn’t peel the paint off.
- Before you start painting, move the furniture, accessories, rugs and all other items you have in the living room.
- It is crucial to prime the walls before painting: Unprimed walls will absorb a lot of paint, needing several coats to create the desired look. Oftentimes, a second or third coat of paint is needed to achieve the perfect colour you had in mind.
- Collect all the essential tools for the task: This includes the rollers, brushes, cloths, ladders, paint trays and all the other materials needed.
- Remember to place down drop cloths: No matter how hard you try, mistakes may happen. Even skilled living room painters make mistakes. Keep your floors safe from paint marks in case the paint accidentally spills..
Feel relaxed knowing we offer a 5-year insurance-backed guarantee
Your satisfaction is our primary concern. If there us anything you are not pleased with our living room painting services then we’ll return promptly and repaint free of charge!
On top of that, our written, insurance-backed workmanship guarantees of up to 5 years. This makes us stand out from our competitors, as we are the only one offering this.
We have attained membership of these strict organisations
Call us to get your free quote…
Call us from 8AM to 8PM, 7 days a week.
…Or we can call you
How do I paint the walls in my living room?
Follow these few easy steps in painting your living room walls:
- Start with the edges:
- It is wise to use a small paint container when cutting in as it is not heavy to carry around.
- Use a brush when you feather out the edges.
- Carry on to the ceiling:
- Begin cutting in along the lines then change to the roller.
- Next step are the walls:
- Paint one wall at a time by cutting in then change to the roller.
- Use the roller in painting the walls and ceilings.
- Dip to get a little paint and then roll on the grid to even it out.
- You can roll it in a zig-zag pattern.
- Overlay your lines.
- Painting the trim is next in line:
- Wait for the walls to completely dry up before starting this step.
- The blue painter’s tape will be handy during this task. Use a brush.
- Clean up the used tools
Congratulations! At this point you’ve made it! You can enjoy the comfort of your new living room. You deserve a pat on the back for a job well done. What an accomplishment, seeing the newly painted living room.
How was it? Do you think it is an achievable task? If you think you can’t do it, don’t worry, here at The Dublin Painting Pros., we have living room painting experts who can do the job for you excellently anywhere in Dublin. Call us now to get your free quote.
Hire the leading living room painters in Dublin and the surrounding area
The Dublin Painting Pros. are here to offer premium interior painting services in Dublin and all the surrounding areas, exceptional living room painting included. If you’re looking to give your living room a fresh new look you can count on us to make the job easy, efficient, and quick, All our living room painters have plenty of experience in the business, and they know what a job well done entails. Plus, we also provide:
- Modern nursery painting service in Dublin
- Clean and long-lasting bathroom painting in Dublin
- Superior wallpapering services across Dublin and the area
Additionally, we perform completely free colour consultation so that you know your new look works. If you’d like to learn more about our painting services, visit our website to find out about our pricing and the way we paint. Also, you can contact our customer service and ask any questions you might have. They would be glad to answer.
We cater to all the residents of Dublin and all the surrounding areas. To us, it makes no difference if you live in Smithfield or closer to Walkinstown. Our experienced and dedicated living room painters will come to your address and start doing what they do best. Contact us today!