Reputable painters and decorators in Dublin
The dining area is a major part of your home. It is a place where people frequently meet during family dinners and where families host guests coming over for gatherings. Aside from your family’s regular use of this space, it’s one of the few areas that are open to every guest in your home. When it comes to dining room painting in your Dublin home, you will need to consider a lot, especially when choosing the colours or designs to use.
How do I choose a style for my dining room painting?
Begin with evaluating your dining room painting goals and what you want to achieve with your dining space. What is the dining area design like? Is it part of the living room, open-plan kitchen or a standalone room? If it is a part of another area of your home such as the living room or kitchen, it is best to achieve a synchronous style throughout the entire space connecting the rooms.
Also take note of the specific colours and patterns being used on your walls, ceilings and trim as they can create illusions of spacious and larger rooms or smaller and more intimate ones. Your best option is to go for a classic design with a modern flair: a clean, refreshing look with a more relaxed, welcoming vibe that will usually entail the use of darker tones and shades.
Book your FREE consultation with our qualified painting surveyor
All of our work is guaranteed and we are fully insured
Call 01 912 0650 to schedule your FREE painting estimate
Why choose our interior house painting service?
- Operating for over three decades in the industry
- Exceptional reputation
- Very reasonably priced
- Industry-leading guarantees
- Dependable and punctual
- Quick, obligation-free quotes free of charge
- Local experienced experts
- Health and safety are key
- Large crews available for commercial projects
- Detailed preparation and thorough clean up
Learn more about two recently completed projects
Full exterior repainting
Our team was tasked with stripping old, chipped paint, prepping and repainting this 4 bedroom home for the Healy family in Clontarf.
Two of our teams completed a large renovation project involving plastering, wallpapering, painting and some small electrical work.
What some of our clients are saying about us
Explore our selection of dining room paint and finish options
There is a wide array of options for colours and styles to enumerate here but you can always make use of resources online that hold many great recommendations for this purpose. Our suggestion is for you to choose between an eggshell or matte paint.
Doing so will make your dining room look elegant and stellar. If your preference is more on the casual and relaxed style, then you can opt for a satin finish that will create an easy-to-clean surface plus a slight hint but striking shine.
Take a look at some of our dining room painting tips
Getting professional help from a dining room painting company as The Dublin Painting Pros. in Ballsbridge will be your best shot in making sure all your painting plans will be achieved.
However, if you are confident enough to pull off your ideas for your dining space by yourself then go through our guide below. This is the same checklist we use for dining room painting services for our clients across Dublin:
- Take everything out from the room and move it to a separate area. This step will aid in making everything quicker, easier and accident-free.
- Move all paintings, light fixtures, mirrors, light switch covers as well as any other electrical covers or vents. Things that can’t be moved out of the rooms require a proper cover to stay protected from the paint such as using a sturdy plastic tarpaulin.
You can purchase these affordable covers in hardware stores near you. Never miss this step and make sure to execute it properly. Each sheet should be properly taped to the adjacent one to prevent the paint from slipping through any spaces or holes.
- Remember to fill any holes or cracks that have started to develop on the walls before you start painting. As long as the cracks and holes are small, filling them should be easy. The challenging part here is waiting enough time for the mixture to completely dry.
Reach out to us and receive a fully free quote
Risk-free. No Commitments. We’ll be eager to know the work that needs to be done. And we’d be glad to contact you in your home or office to provide your free quote, at your best preferred time.
Or allow us to reach out to you
Don’t worry, your privacy is 100% safe with us. Your personal info will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
We offer a 5-year insurance-backed guarantee!
Your satisfaction is our primary concern. If there is anything you are not pleased with regarding our dining room painting services then we’ll return promptly and repaint free of charge!
On top of that, our written, insurance-backed workmanship guarantees of up to 5 years. This makes us stand out from our competitors, as we are the only one offering this.
We have attained membership of these strict organisations
Call us to get your free quote…
Call us from 8AM to 8PM, 7 days a week.
…Or we can call you
Let The Dublin Painting Pros help you paint your dining room
Now that you’re finished the first portion of the dining room painting process at your home in Dublin, it’s time to move on. When all the cleaning of the remaining surfaces has been done and everything is completely dried, you can start the crucial yet often overlooked part of the process.
- Prime your walls in preparation for the application of the top coat. If you skip this part, you’ll never achieve the expected professional finish for your walls.
- Paint the next areas in proper order starting with your skirting boards, then your architraves and finish it with painting your window sills. Afterwards, you can paint the ceiling using a roller.
- Paint in 5×5 foot squares and use less pressure while painting, making sure to follow the same direction of the strokes, back and forth.
- Don’t forget to leave a “wet edge”, or the area adjoining the next 5×5 ft to be painted next. Carry on to the next area while the paint on the “wet edge” has not dried yet.
This technique ensures areas covered are evenly coated without any darker or lighter sides and also prevents certain areas from having obviously thicker paint.
- When painting the walls, start painting in a 4 foot wide W on the walls and then fill it with paint. Carry on until all the walls are thoroughly painted.
- Proceed with painting the smaller and finer details such as the light switch covers. It’s best to use spray paint that is appropriate for the material these surfaces are made of.
- After waiting for the proper time for the paint to completely dry, you can move everything back to the newly painted space and have fun with the renewed beauty of your eating place.
The Dublin Painting Pros. offers top-notch quality dining room painters in Dublin city and county including Ballsbridge. Contact us we’ll be glad to give you a free, no-obligation quote.
Hire the leading dining room painting services in all of Dublin & the area!
If your dining room is in need of some serious painting, and you’d like to hire reputable and reliable dining room painters to take care of the job, you can trust The Dublin Painting Pros. to give your dining room a modern new look. We are the leaders in interior house painting across Dublin, and we would be glad to offer you our dining room painting service. And, we also offer:
- Comprehensive kitchen painting service in Dublin
- Exceptional drywall and plastering services across Dublin
- First-rate wallpapering service in Dublin
Plus, we provide completely free of charge colour consultation services. If any or all of this sounds good to you, take a look at our prices and other information on our website, or call our customer service representatives and receive the necessary information.
Wherever in Dublin and the area you are, The Dublin Painting Pros. are here for you. It makes no difference to us if you live in Rathmines or Ballsbridge. Our expert dining room painters will come to our address and start working immediately. Reach out to us today!